Every day businesses are affected by click fraud, is your business one of them? More than likely you have or are being affected by click fraud.
Estimates are now in the billions of dollars annually, yes billions. Businesses each year lose billions to click fraud and only a small portion of them take action and attempt to stem the loses related to this growing epidemic. Last year I worked with a company that had major loses, with one month seeing an entire ppc budget being lost to click fraud.
What do you do to stop or reduce the effects of click fraud?
- Watch for significant variations in ad campaign performance.
- Be conservative with content ads.
- Don’t display ads where you don’t sell products and services (e.g. if you only sell in the U.S., don’t display ads in Europe).
- Use analytics tools or click-fraud-detection tools.
- Click fraud from search engines is quite low, not so for contextual ads (3rd party websites).
- Measure your results and ROI so that you can bid to your budget, not because you would like to see your ad in the #1 position for branding purposes.
- Find alternatives to expensive, high traffic keywords as these tend to attract more fraud.
If you would like more information on click fraud and how it may be affecting your business contact me.